Williams boss was concerned Sainz and Albon might both leave
ZANDVOORT, Netherlands, Aug 21 : Williams Formula One boss James Vowles said he had feared losing Alex Albon and Carlos Sainz to other teams before new contracts were signed.Vowles told reporters at the Dutch Grand Prix that the extensions, announced this week, were "incredibly important" as a public vote of confidence
Carlos Sainz is ‘ready’ for the challenge ahead at Williams F1
BUDAPEST, HUNGARY - JULY 25: Carlos Sainz of Spain and Williams arrives in the Paddock prior to final practice ahead of the F1 Grand Prix of Hungary at Hungaroring on July 25, 2026 in Budapest, Hungary. (Photo by Sona Maleterova/Getty Images) | Getty Images
Earlier this week, Williams confirmed that driver Alex Albon
Williams confirms F1 2027 line-up with Sainz extension
Williams has confirmed its driver line-up for the 2027 Formula 1 season after announcing the commitment of Carlos Sainz on a multi-year deal.
The Spaniard’s news comes a day after team-mate Alex Albon agreed just a one-season extension for next year, which will be the Thai-Briton’s sixth campaign with the Grove outfit.