📰 36 sources covering this story

Trump’s 75-country immigrant visa ban struck down by judge

First covered 1 days ago · latest take 1 hrs ago. Compare how each outlet is covering it — and rate the sources you trust.

Trump’s 75-country immigrant visa ban struck down by judge
Trump’s 75-country immigrant visa ban struck down by judge
The Trump administration’s ban on visas for immigrants from 75 countries was struck down by a federal judge on Friday, who ruled it was “contrary to law” and outside the statutory authority of Secretary of State Marco Rubio. In January, the State Department paused the issuance of immigrant visas from almost 40% of the
The Rio Times
The Rio Times5 hrs ago
Judge Strikes Down US Immigrant Visa Ban for 75 Nations
A federal judge vacated the immigrant visa ban for 75 countries, ruling it patently unlawful. The order restores case-by-case review, but no appeal has been reported yet.
MyJoyOnline
MyJoyOnline6 hrs ago
US judge strikes down policy suspending immigrant visa processing for 75 nations
A U.S. judge on Friday struck down, opens new tab a Trump administration policy suspending the issuance of immigrant visas to ​applicants from 75 countries, saying that the policy exceeded Secretary of ‌State Marco Rubio's statutory authority.
US judge strikes down Trump policy suspending immigrant visa processing for 75 countries
US District Judge Jeannette Vargas in Manhattan said the policy that the State Department announced in January was "patently unlawful" and ran afoul of federal immigration law.
US judge blocks Trump visa pause
A federal judge in New York has vacated a Trump administration policy that suspended the processing of visas from 75 countries, including Afghanistan, Iran, Russia and Somalia, whose nationals the Trump administration deemed likely to require public assistance in the US. US District Judge Jeannette Vargas, an appointee
Federal judge strikes down State Department visa ban on 75 countries
A federal judge in New York ruled against the Trump administration’s policy suspending immigrant visa processing for applicants from 75 countries on Friday, which was implemented in January by Secretary of State Marco Rubio. U.S. District Judge Jeannette Vargas, an appointee of former President Joe Biden, ruled in the
UPI
UPI15 hrs ago
Federal judge strikes down Trump ban on visa processing for 75 nations
A federal judge on Friday struck down the Trump administration's ban on issuing visas to citizens of 75 countries.
New York Post
New York Post16 hrs ago
Biden-appointed judge blocks Trump immigration policy which suspended visa processing from 75 countries
U.S. District Judge Jeannette Vargas, an appointee of former President Joe Biden, set aside the policy Friday as “contrary to law and in excess of statutory authority.”
NPR
NPR17 hrs ago
Trump administration's 75-country visa ban was illegal, judge rules
The U.S. stopped issuing visas for citizens of 75 countries because it said they were likely to need public assistance. A judge ruled the policy illegally discriminated on the basis of nationality.
Fox News
Fox News17 hrs ago
Federal judge blasts Rubio’s 75-country visa freeze as ‘Orwellian,’ strikes down policy
A federal judge ruled Secretary of State Marco Rubio lacked authority to order immigrant visa denials for applicants from 75 countries found eligible.
US judge strikes down Trump's 75-country visa ban
NEW YORK: A US federal judge has struck down a government ban on visas to nationals from 75 countries who wish to settle in the country indefinitely, dealing a blow to President Donald Trump's immigration crackdown.In a ruling issued on Friday in the Southern District of New York, Judge Jeannette Vargas called the poli
The Independent
The Independent20 hrs ago
Federal judge strikes down Trump’s visa ban from 75 countries ruling Rubio exceeded his authority
Two nonprofit organizations and 11 individuals, including six whose family members had been refused visas, challenged the policy
PBS NewsHour
PBS NewsHour21 hrs ago
Federal judge vacates Trump policy that suspended processing of immigration visas from 75 countries
The judge ruled that Secretary of State Marco Rubio exceeded his authority by issuing the policy, which "runs afoul" of the Immigration and Nationality Act by mandating "the refusal of visas to eligible applicants without any basis in law."
ABC News
ABC News21 hrs ago
Trump policy that suspended visas for 75 countries struck down
A U.S. district judge said the policy "is contrary to law and was issued in excess of Secretary Rubio's statutory authority."
Mother Jones
Mother Jones21 hrs ago
Federal Judge Strikes Down Trump’s 75-Country Visa Ban
This January, Secretary of State Marco Rubio directed consular officers to refuse to process immigration visas for people from 75 countries because, he said, those immigrants would be more likely than others to “extract wealth” or “take welfare and public benefits” from the US. Since January, people from those 75 count
The Hill
The Hill22 hrs ago
Federal judge rules against Trump’s 75-country visa ban
A federal judge ruled against the Trump administration’s pause on issuing visas to immigrants from 75 countries on Friday.  In a 61-page decision, U.S. District Judge Jeannette Vargas found that this policy was “contrary to law” and was “in excess” of Secretary of State Marco Rubio’s legal authority.  The visa pause or
HuffPost
HuffPost22 hrs ago
Federal Judge Vacates Trump Policy That Suspended Processing Of Immigration Visas From 75 Countries
Federal Judge Vacates Trump Policy That Suspended Processing Of Immigration Visas From 75 Countries  HuffPost
Federal judge vacates Trump policy that suspended processing of immigration visas from 75 countries
A federal judge in New York vacated a Trump administration policy that had suspended the processing of visas from 75 countries, including Afghanistan, Iran, Russia and Somalia, whose nationals the Trump administration has deemed likely to require public assistance while living in the United States
AP News
AP News22 hrs ago
Federal judge vacates Trump policy that suspended processing of immigration visas from 75 countries
Federal judge vacates Trump policy that suspended processing of immigration visas from 75 countries  AP News
CTV News
CTV News1 days ago
U.S. judge strikes down Trump’s 75-country visa ban
The policy, which came into force in January, suspended the processing of immigrant visas to nationals of 75 countries including Afghanistan, Brazil, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Nigeria, Somalia, Thailand and Yemen.
Hindustan Times
Hindustan Times1 days ago
‘Contrary to law’: US judge strikes down Donald Trump's visa ban on 75 countries
The ban was for nationals of 75 countries, including Afghanistan, Brazil, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, and Yemen, who wish to settle in the United States indefinitely.
Le Monde
Le Monde1 days ago
US federal judge strikes down Trump's permanent visa freeze on 75 countries
Donald Trump's immigration policy suffers another blow, as the measure targeting countries including Somalia, Russia and Iran, is struck down by the courts.
US federal judge strikes down Trump's permanent visa freeze on 75 countries
Donald Trump's immigration policy suffers another blow, as the measure targeting countries including Somalia, Russia and Iran, is struck down by the courts.
Punch
Punch1 days ago
FULL LIST: Nigeria, 74 others spared as US judge strikes down visa ban
A US judge has struck down the Trump administration’s policy suspending immigrant visas for 75 countries, including Nigeria. Learn more about the US visa b
Vanguard
Vanguard1 days ago
US judge strikes down Trump visa ban affecting Nigeria, 74 other countries [Full list]
A United States District Court in Manhattan has nullified the Donald Trump administration’s policy suspending the processing and issuance of immigrant visas to applicants from 75 countries, including Nigeria.
Bangkok Post
Bangkok Post1 days ago
Judge strikes down Trump’s 75-country visa ban
A US federal judge has struck down the Trump administration’s ban on issuing visas to immigrants from 75 countries including Thailand, finding that the policy was “contrary to law” and beyond the legal authority of Secretary of State Marco Rubio.
CNN
CNN1 days ago
Trump’s 75-country immigrant visa ban struck down by judge
Trump’s 75-country immigrant visa ban struck down by judge  CNN
US judge strikes down policy suspending immigrant visa processing for 75 nations
A U.S. judge on Friday struck down, opens new tab a Trump administration policy suspending the issuance of immigrant visas to ​applicants from 75 countries, saying that the policy exceeded Secretary of ‌State Marco Rubio's statutory authority.
NDTV
NDTV1 days ago
"Patently Unlawful": US Judge Strikes Policy Suspending Immigrant Visa For 75 Nations
President Donald Trump has pursued an aggressive immigration crackdown that he says is aimed at improving domestic security.
Dawn
Dawn1 days ago
US judge strikes down policy suspending immigrant visa processing for 75 nations, including Pakistan
US judge strikes down policy suspending immigrant visa processing for 75 nations, including Pakistan  Dawn
The Daily Star
The Daily Star1 days ago
US judge strikes down policy suspending immigrant visa processing for 75 nations, including Bangladesh
US District Judge Jeannette Vargas in Manhattan issued the ruling yesterday, describing the policy announced by the State Department in January as “patently unlawful” and contrary to federal immigration law
Al Jazeera
Al Jazeera1 days ago
US judge strikes down Trump immigrant visa ban affecting 75 countries
A federal judge in Manhattan ruled against the State Department's suspension of immigrant visas.
New York Times
New York Times1 days ago
Judge Strikes Down Trump’s 75-Country Visa Ban
The ruling from the Southern District of New York found that the policy went beyond Secretary of State Marco Rubio’s legal authority.
Al-Monitor
Al-Monitor1 days ago
US judge strikes down policy suspending immigrant visa processing for 75 nations
By Kanishka Singh and Nate Raymond WASHINGTON, Aug 21 (Reuters) - A U.S. judge on Friday struck down a Trump administration policy suspending the issuance of immigrant visas to applicants from 75 countries, saying that the policy exceeded Secretary of State Marco Rubio's statutory authority.
US judge strikes down policy suspending immigrant visa processing for 75 nations
The judge said the policy that the US State Department announced in January was “patently unlawful”.
Reuters
Reuters🏁 first to report1 days ago
US judge strikes down policy suspending immigrant visa processing for 75 nations
US judge strikes down policy suspending immigrant visa processing for 75 nations  Reuters