📰 37 sources covering this story

Trump defends ballroom to Supreme Court as military complex

First covered 5 days ago · latest take 38 mins ago. Compare how each outlet is covering it — and rate the sources you trust.

Trump defends ballroom to Supreme Court as military complex
The Japan Times
The Japan Times38 mins ago
Trump defends ballroom to Supreme Court as military complex
In a filing made public Friday, the U.S. president asked the justices for an emergency order letting construction continue without restrictions while a legal fight continues.
Trump turns his stalled White House ballroom into a ‘military complex’ in bid to sway courts and Congress
The president and administration officials increasingly turn to ‘national security’ arguments to defend the construction of a nuclear-blast-resistant venue
Trump says White House needs ‘military complex’ as courts block his ballroom
The president posted an AI-generated video of himself and the first president, George Washington, walking through the planned ballroom.
How Trump’s Ballroom Became a ‘Military Complex’ - WSJ
How Trump’s Ballroom Became a ‘Military Complex’  WSJ
CBS News
CBS News3 days ago
Trump asks Supreme Court to intervene in White House ballroom fight
The Trump administration asked the Supreme Court on Friday to intervene and allow him to construct a new 90,000-square-foot ballroom in place of the demolished White House East Wing. CBS News' Nancy Cordes reports.
CNN
CNN3 days ago
Trump asks Supreme Court to let him continue White House ballroom construction
Trump asks Supreme Court to let him continue White House ballroom construction  CNN
National Post
National Post3 days ago
Trump pitches White House ballroom as a ‘highly integrated military complex’ to Supreme Court
In a filing made public Friday, Trump asked the justices for an emergency order letting construction continue without restrictions while a legal fight continues
Deutsche Welle
Deutsche Welle3 days ago
Trump asks Supreme Court to let White House ballroom construction continue
Justice Department lawyers echoed the US president's claim that the $400 million White House ballroom ​project is a security necessity.
Fast Company
Fast Company3 days ago
Trump’s $400 million ballroom fight reveals what’s really being built beneath the White House
After Trump’s plan to build a lavish ballroom next to the White House hit a major roadblock, the president is asking the highest court in the land to give his construction the green light once again. On Friday, the Trump administration sent an emergency filing to the Supreme Court claiming that a mandated freeze on the
Global News
Global News3 days ago
Trump asks U.S. Supreme Court for White House ballroom project to resume
Trump’s solicitor general petitioned the high court to suspend last week’s decision by a three-judge panel from the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit.
Fortune
Fortune3 days ago
‘If your tariff was 0%, there’s no need to commit fraud’: The White House is sounding off on a $112 billion tariff-dodging scheme it made worse
The Trump administration is cracking down on foreign importers of record behind the evasion—which China is at the center of.
BBC World
BBC World3 days ago
Trump asks US Supreme Court to allow ballroom work to continue
Forcing the US president to go "hat-in-hand to Congress" for permission would be "dangerous", the administration says.
Trump asks US Supreme Court to approve White House ballroom project
A lower court had stopped the work, with the US president calling the ruling “horrendous, politically motivated, and unlawful.”
New York Times
New York Times3 days ago
Trump Administration Asks Supreme Court to Greenlight White House Ballroom
The planned 90,000-square-foot ballroom is estimated to cost $400 million and is part of the president’s broader effort to remake Washington in his own style.
NDTV
NDTV3 days ago
Trump Requests Supreme Court To Let White House Ballroom Construction Continue
Trump's solicitor general petitioned the high court to suspend last week's decision by a three-judge panel from the US Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit.
CNBC
CNBC3 days ago
Trump asks Supreme Court to let White House ballroom construction continue
President Donald Trump tore down the White House East Wing to make way for the ballroom project.
Trump Takes The White House Ballroom Legal Battle To The Supreme Court
August 14, 2026 11:10 AM ET President Donald Trump is escalating the legal battle surrounding the White House ballroom construction to the Supreme Court, according to an emergency stay request filed Friday. The Trump administration is asking the Supreme Court to allow construction of the ballroom to continue, citing pr
New York Post
New York Post3 days ago
Trump asks Supreme Court to let $400M ballroom project resume at White House
Trump’s solicitor general on Friday petitioned the high court to suspend last week’s decision by a three-judge panel from the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit.
Sky News
Sky News3 days ago
Trump asks Supreme Court to allow work on $400m White House ballroom to continue
President Trump's administration has asked the Supreme Court to allow construction to resume on its $400m White House ballroom.
Vanguard
Vanguard3 days ago
Trump asks US Supreme Court to approve White House ballroom project
The Trump administration asked the US Supreme Court on Friday to allow it to complete construction of a large ballroom at the White House.
Guardian US
Guardian US3 days ago
Trump asks ⁠US supreme court to allow construction of White House ballroom
Administration ‌asks justices to keep appeals court ​decision to halt work on hold ​while it ​prepares ‌a full ​appeal US politics live – latest updates The Trump administration has asked ⁠the ⁠US supreme court to allow construction of the president’s controversial $400m ⁠White House ballroom to proceed after ​an ‌ap
Reuters
Reuters3 days ago
Trump asks US Supreme Court to allow White House ballroom construction to continue
Trump asks US Supreme Court to allow White House ballroom construction to continue  Reuters
CTV News
CTV News3 days ago
Trump asks U.S. Supreme Court to let White House ballroom construction continue during appeal
U.S. President Donald Trump’s administration on Friday asked the U.S. Supreme Court to allow the White House to continue construction on its US$400-million ballroom project while it appeals a lower court’s order to halt the work.
PBS NewsHour
PBS NewsHour3 days ago
Trump asks Supreme Court to let White House resume ballroom construction during appeal
President Donald Trump's administration has asked the U.S. Supreme Court to allow the White House to resume construction on its $400 million ballroom project while it appeals a lower court's order to halt the work.
AP News
AP News3 days ago
Trump asks Supreme Court to let White House ballroom construction continue during appeal
Trump asks Supreme Court to let White House ballroom construction continue during appeal  apnews.com
ABC News
ABC News3 days ago
Trump appeals to Supreme Court to allow White House ballroom construction to continue
The Trump administration is asking the Supreme Court to allow construction of the president's White House ballroom to continue.
Trump asks Supreme Court to allow White House ballroom construction to continue
Citing numerous assassination attempts against Trump, lawyers described the project as ‘vitally required by national security’
HuffPost
HuffPost3 days ago
Trump Asks Supreme Court To Allow White House Ballroom Construction To Continue
Trump Asks Supreme Court To Allow White House Ballroom Construction To Continue  HuffPost
Toronto Star
Toronto Star3 days ago
Trump asks Supreme Court to let White House resume ballroom construction work during appeal
Trump asks Supreme Court to let White House resume ballroom construction work during appeal  Toronto Star
Trump asks Supreme Court to allow White House ballroom construction to continue
The Trump administration asked the Supreme Court on Friday to allow construction on the White House ballroom to continue, after a federal appeals court said the construction must be halted until the federal government gets approval from Congress. The East Wing of the White House was demolished last year to make way for
USA Today
USA Today3 days ago
Trump asks Supreme Court to revive White House ballroom project
Trump asks Supreme Court to revive White House ballroom project  USA Today
The Hill
The Hill3 days ago
Trump asks Supreme Court to allow White House ballroom construction
The Trump administration asked the Supreme Court on Friday to immediately allow construction on the White House ballroom and berated lower judges for halting it, insisting the project must proceed for national security.  “This Project, like its predecessors, should be a matter for the President and the political proces
NBC News
NBC News3 days ago
Trump asks Supreme Court to allow White House ballroom construction to continue
WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump on Friday asked the Supreme Court to allow him to continue construction of a sprawling ballroom adjacent to the White House.
UPI
UPI4 days ago
Senate Dems urge GOA audit of Trump's White House ballroom
Senate Democrats are calling for an audit of President Donald Trump's White House ballroom project on Wednesday.
TheJournal.ie
TheJournal.ie4 days ago
Democrats in elections: What’s next for AOC? Should she aim for the Senate or the White House?
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is keeping her options open, but the forthcoming midterms could determine whether she plays the long game or goes all in for the White House in 2028.
Missile threat prompted Secret Service to move Trump off Air Force One, source says
The threat emerged on the final day of Trump’s visit to Ankara for the NATO summit amid heightened tensions with Iran, the source says
MSNBC
MSNBC🏁 first to report5 days ago
Trump administration presses Supreme Court to ‘act promptly’ on bid to implement mail ballot order
The administration warned the high court of “irreparable harm to the federal government, the public, and election integrity.”