📰 23 sources covering this story

Spain plans transfer of 500 migrant children from Ceuta to mainland

First covered 4 days ago · latest take 1 hrs ago. Compare how each outlet is covering it — and rate the sources you trust.

Spain plans transfer of 500 migrant children from Ceuta to mainland
Al Jazeera
Al Jazeera1 hrs ago
Spain plans transfer of 500 migrant children from Ceuta to mainland
Ceuta leaders want children returned to Morocco, but Madrid says deporting them is 'outrageous'.
Spain to allow 500 children in Ceuta to go to mainland in immigration U-turn
Madrid government changes stance after previously saying anyone who entered territory illegally would be sent back Europe live – latest updates The Spanish government has U-turned and said it would allow 500 migrant minors in Ceuta to relocate to the mainland. The majority of the estimated 70,000 migrants who crossed
Euronews
Euronews13 hrs ago
Spain ignores EU and prepares urgent transfer of 500 migrant girls from Ceuta to mainland
Pedro Sánchez's government is planning the urgent transfer to mainland Spain of 500 migrant girls who arrived in Ceuta, as several regions refuse to host them, while the EU backs sending these unaccompanied minors from Ceuta back to Morocco.
In Spain’s Ceuta, migrant women tell of sexual harassment: ‘it’s really bad’
Some women who entered Spain’s ⁠North African enclave of Ceuta on July 30 as part of a mass migrant crossing say the ⁠hardships of sleeping rough as they wait to be registered are compounded by the threat and fear of sexual harassment. More than a dozen women have set up camp on a wooded roadside running up to the barb
Female migrants in Spain's Ceuta face constant threat of sexual violence
Camped outside, the women are sleeping in the open air along with hundreds of other Moroccan, sub-Saharan and South Asian migrants.
Migrant women tell of sexual harassment in Spain's crisis-hit Ceuta
CEUTA, Spain, Aug 18 - Some women who entered Spain's North African enclave of Ceuta on July 30 as part of a mass migrant crossing say the hardships of sleeping rough as they wait to be registered are compounded by the threat and fear of sexual harassment.
Reuters
Reuters1 days ago
Migrant women tell of sexual harassment in Spain's crisis-hit Ceuta
Migrant women tell of sexual harassment in Spain's crisis-hit Ceuta  reuters.com
NDTV
NDTV1 days ago
Job, Soccer Career, Better Life: 3 Moroccans Who Died Trying To Reach Europe
All three died attempting to cross, becoming victims of the deadliest migration crisis between Morocco and Spain.
Euractiv
Euractiv1 days ago
Humanitarian tents planned for Ceuta as Spain tackles migrant influx
Humanitarian tents planned for Ceuta as Spain tackles migrant influx  euractiv.com
Moroccan security forces arrest nearly 300 migrants trying to reach Spain’s Ceuta
CASABLANCA, Morocco (AP) — Hundreds of migrants trying to reach the Spanish exclave of Ceuta by land and sea were arrested by Moroccan security forces, Moroccan state television reported Sunday, as authorities tightened security along the border following calls for a new mass crossing. Moroccan state broadcaster Medi 1
Stuff
Stuff3 days ago
Moroccan security forces arrest nearly 300 migrants trying to reach Spain’s Ceuta
CASABLANCA, Morocco (AP) — Hundreds of migrants trying to reach the Spanish exclave of Ceuta by land and sea were arrested by Moroccan security forces, Moroccan state television reported Sunday, as authorities tightened security along the border following calls for a new mass crossing.
ITV News
ITV News3 days ago
Moroccan police arrest nearly 300 migrants trying to reach Spain’s Ceuta | ITV News - ITVX
Moroccan police arrest nearly 300 migrants trying to reach Spain’s Ceuta | ITV News  ITVX
PBS NewsHour
PBS NewsHour3 days ago
Moroccan security forces arrest nearly 300 migrants trying to reach Spain's Ceuta
The latest attempt comes two weeks after tens of thousands of would-be migrants, driven by poverty and misinformation, rushed toward Ceuta in one of the deadliest migration crises to hit the region.
CTV News
CTV News3 days ago
Moroccan security forces arrest nearly 300 migrants trying to reach Spain’s Ceuta
Hundreds of migrants trying to reach the Spanish exclave of Ceuta by land and sea were arrested by Moroccan security forces, Moroccan state television reported Sunday, as authorities tightened security along the border following calls for a new mass crossing.
Toronto Star
Toronto Star3 days ago
Moroccan security forces arrest nearly 300 migrants trying to reach Spain’s Ceuta
Moroccan security forces arrest nearly 300 migrants trying to reach Spain’s Ceuta  Toronto Star
Hindustan Times
Hindustan Times3 days ago
Moroccan security forces arrest nearly 300 migrants trying to reach Spain’s Ceuta
Moroccan security forces arrest nearly 300 migrants trying to reach Spain’s Ceuta
The Independent
The Independent3 days ago
Moroccan security forces arrest nearly 300 migrants trying to reach Spain’s Ceuta
Moroccan security forces have arrested hundreds of migrants trying to reach the Spanish enclave of Ceuta by land and sea
Moroccan security forces arrest nearly 300 migrants trying to reach Spain’s Ceuta
Moroccan security forces have arrested hundreds of migrants trying to reach the Spanish enclave of Ceuta by land and sea
AP News
AP News3 days ago
Moroccan security forces arrest nearly 300 migrants trying to reach Spain’s Ceuta
Moroccan security forces arrest nearly 300 migrants trying to reach Spain’s Ceuta  apnews.com
Bloomberg
Bloomberg3 days ago
Second Ceuta Incursion Attempt Fails as Morocco, Spain Boost Security
Grassroots calls for a second incursion into Ceuta from Morocco fell flat over the weekend, with security tight and authorities turning back the relative handful who tried to make the move.
Moroccan security disperses migrants heading for Spain's Ceuta
Moroccan security dispersed migrants who tried to cross from Fnideq to Spain’s Ceuta on Saturday. People were seen standing and running on a hill near the border as security personnel gathered in the area.
The New Arab
The New Arab🏁 first to report4 days ago
Spain disregarded Ceuta warnings before migrant rush, union says
Border workers had issued several warning to Spanish authorities prior to the migrant surge in Ceuta between 29-30 July, but they say Madrid did not act.