📰 26 sources covering this story

No 10 defends 'entirely right' use of emergency alerts system after millions sent wildfire warning

First covered 3 days ago · latest take 25 mins ago. Compare how each outlet is covering it — and rate the sources you trust.

No 10 defends 'entirely right' use of emergency alerts system after millions sent wildfire warning
GB News
GB News1 hrs ago
Andy Burnham issued emergency alert warning after millions receive fire update
Andy Burnham issued emergency alert warning after millions receive fire update  GB News
The Sun
The Sun23 hrs ago
Louise Haigh signed off on deafening wildfire alert – amid fury over ‘misuse’ of emergency system
LOUISE Haigh gave the green light on sending the blaring emergency alarm for wildfires, it has emerged. The government issued the notification warning people “not to light anything that could spark a fire, including barbecues, campfires, and fireworks. The PM said that the request “came directly from Fire and Rescue Se
Daily Mail
Daily Mail1 days ago
Louise Haigh signed off on 'needless' emergency wildfire alert that startled millions of people
Louise Haigh, who is head of the Cabinet Office, is understood to have approved the alert, which led to panicked Britons jamming 999 lines and startled drivers swerving across motorways.
Liverpool Echo
Liverpool Echo1 days ago
Andy Burnham shares who requested emergency alert be sent to millions of phones
The Prime Minister took to social media to explain what triggered the alert
The Independent
The Independent2 days ago
Heatwave latest: Burnham sends army to battle South Wales wildfires after emergency alert sent to millions
Millions are set to receive the alert from 7pm on Friday, the Cabinet Office has said
Birmingham Live
Birmingham Live2 days ago
Andy Burnham shares who triggered UK emergency alert sent to millions
The Prime Minister visited Stourbridge in the West Midlands, where a wildfire devastated 19 properties and scorched more than 500 acres
Daily Star
Daily Star2 days ago
Brits rage as Andy Burnham triggers screeching emergency phone alert siren for BBQ warning
The government has been slammed after an ear-splitting emergency phone siren was triggered nationwide to issue basic wildfire and barbecue advice
Wales Online
Wales Online2 days ago
Prime Minister addresses emergency phone alert sent to millions over wildfire risk
Residents across England and Wales received the warning about the risk of wildfires earlier this evening
ITV News
ITV News2 days ago
Millions sent emergency wildfire alert as PM warns Britain is a 'tinderbox' | ITV News - ITVX
Millions sent emergency wildfire alert as PM warns Britain is a 'tinderbox' | ITV News  ITVX
Andy Burnham sends heatwave wildfire mobile phone alerts to millions of Londoners as city frazzles in 34C
The capital sizzled with highs of 34.3 on Friday, the day after the mercury hit 38.1C in Kew Gardens
Chronicle Live
Chronicle Live2 days ago
Prime Minister statement as emergency alert sent to phones amid wildfire risk
The Government sent the alert on Friday evening, which began appearing on mobile devices from 7pm
The Mirror
The Mirror2 days ago
Wildfire emergency warning explained - what to do now after government alert
Millions received the Government's blaring wildfire alert - but what should you do now, why did some phones miss it and how does the emergency warning system work. Here's everything we know
Forbes
Forbes2 days ago
1.5 Million Egg Cartons Recalled—Alert Receives High Risk Designation From FDA
1.5 Million Egg Cartons Recalled—Alert Receives High Risk Designation From FDA  Forbes
The Guardian
The Guardian2 days ago
Emergency alert warning of wildfire risk sent to phones in England and Wales
People urged not to light barbecues, campfires or anything else that could spark fire during period of extreme heat Millions of people across England and Wales have received an emergency alert to their phones as the government warns against activities that could start fires. The deputy prime minister, Louise Haigh, sai
TheJournal.ie
TheJournal.ie2 days ago
Emergency alert sent to mobile phones with wildfire warning after UK blazes
Louise Haigh, the first secretary of state, said Friday’s message was “the most extensive use of the UK’s emergency alert system in response to an active incident”.
Nation Cymru
Nation Cymru2 days ago
Emergency alert sent to mobile phones with wildfire warning after UK blazes
Nation.Cymnru staff Mobile phone users in England and Wales have received an emergency alert, warning them not to light anything that could spark a fire. The UK Government sent the alert on Friday evening, which began appearing on mobile devices from 7pm. People in Wales first received the alert in Welsh, followed a fe
The Herald
The Herald2 days ago
Mobile phone users in England and Wales sent emergency alert with wildfire warning
Mobile phone users in England and Wales have received an emergency alert, warning them not to light anything that could spark a fire.
Metro
Metro2 days ago
Millions startled by emergency alert with wildfire warning after UK blazes
Emily Bashforth | Live News reporter Published August 14, 2026 7:12pm Updated August 14, 2026 7:19pm An emergency alert was issued amid the fifth heatwave (Picture: Annabel Lee-Ellis/PA Wire) Millions were sent into panic tonight as an emergency alert appeared unexpectedly on their phones. At around 7pm, people across
Irish News
Irish News2 days ago
Emergency alert sent to mobile phones with wildfire warning after UK blazes
The Government sent the alert on Friday evening, which began appearing on mobile devices from 7pm.
LBC News
LBC News2 days ago
Broadcasters plunged into chaos as emergency mobile phone alert sent to millions of people in England and Wales - lbc.co.uk
Broadcasters plunged into chaos as emergency mobile phone alert sent to millions of people in England and Wales  lbc.co.uk
CNET
CNET2 days ago
Apple’s Warnings About Spyware Are Real, Don’t Ignore Them
“Mercenary spyware” isn’t targeted at everybody, but don’t skip the notification if you see it.
Mashable
Mashable2 days ago
Apple sent alerts warning iPhone users of spyware: What it looks like, what you should do
Apple has notified users in more than 100 countries that they may be targets of mercenary spyware attacks. Here's what you need to know.
Breitbart
Breitbart🏁 first to report3 days ago
Exclusive — Iowa Democrat Sarah Trone Garriott: Church Is a 'Barrier’ to Domestic Abuse Victims Getting Help
Iowa Democrat congressional candidate and Lutheran minister Sarah Trone Garriott said in a 2023 interview that churches and religious leaders can serve as barriers to domestic violence victims leaving abusive spouses or seeking help.