📰 52 sources covering this story

Ebola outbreak in Democratic Republic of Congo becomes deadliest in country’s history

First covered 5 days ago · latest take 1 hrs ago. Compare how each outlet is covering it — and rate the sources you trust.

Ebola outbreak in Democratic Republic of Congo becomes deadliest in country’s history
Ebola outbreak in Democratic Republic of Congo becomes deadliest in country’s history
Reuters —  The Ebola outbreak in Democratic Republic of Congo has killed 2,325 people, government data showed on Sunday, surpassing the toll from the 2018-2020 outbreak to become the deadliest in the country’s history. DR Congo’s public health institute said in its latest report that confirmed cases had risen to 4,945,
Euronews
Euronews2 hrs ago
Ebola outbreak in Congo becomes country’s worst as virus spreads at “exceptional pace”
Congo’s latest Ebola outbreak has killed more than 2,300 people, making it the deadliest outbreak of the disease ever recorded in the country.
AllAfrica
AllAfrica2 hrs ago
Congo-Kinshasa: DR Congo Ebola Outbreak Becomes Deadliest in Country's History
[DW] An Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo has now killed 2,325 people, according to government figures. The UN says one person in the country is dying every 30 minutes of the disease.
Daily Star
Daily Star4 hrs ago
Deadliest virus outbreak on record with over 2,300 dead as major warning issued
The Ebola outbreak in one of the Democratic Republic of Congo's most vulnerable regions is the fastest-growing ever recorded, with 4,945 cases including 2,325 deaths, according to government data
Bloomberg
Bloomberg6 hrs ago
Congo Ebola Outbreak: Financial Oversight Takes Priority as Distrust Grows
Ebola is reviving suspicions of profiteering in eastern Democratic Republic of Congo, where distrust over how response money is handled is undermining the community cooperation needed to contain the world’s fastest-growing outbreak.
Semafor
Semafor12 hrs ago
Ebola outbreak in DR Congo becomes deadliest in country's history
The current outbreak is spreading five times faster than previous ones.
Congo’s Ebola outbreak becomes deadliest in history with over 2,000 deaths
The Ebola outbreak spreading through Central Africa has become the deadliest in history, with the death toll surpassing 2,000, according to health data released Sunday. Government data showed that 2,325 people have died in the outbreak, surpassing the 2,299 deaths recorded during the 2018-2020 outbreak, which had been
Breitbart
Breitbart16 hrs ago
'Ebola Is Winning': Outbreak Becomes Deadliest in DR Congo's History
The Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) confirmed that at least 2,325 people have died of Ebola infections.
Africa News
Africa News16 hrs ago
Ebola DRC: The Deadliest Outbreak in the Country's History [Africanews Today]
The Ebola outbreak currently ravaging the Democratic Republic of the Congo has officially become the deadliest in the country's history. According to the United Nations, the virus is now killing one person every 30 minutes in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
France 24
France 2419 hrs ago
DR Congo Ebola outbreak becomes country’s deadliest
The DRC’s latest Ebola outbreak has killed 2,325 people, making it the country’s deadliest outbreak on record. Nearly 5,000 cases have been confirmed as the virus spreads to a sixth province, while health authorities work to tackle mistrust and contain transmission. Two vaccines have also entered early human trials.
National Post
National Post20 hrs ago
Congo’s Ebola outbreak now its deadliest ever. UN warns virus is ‘winning’
The death toll reached 2,325 after another 365 fatalities were recorded last week
The Independent
The Independent21 hrs ago
Ebola outbreak in DR Congo now country’s deadliest ever – as deaths double in three weeks
Someone dies of Ebola every 30 minutes, according to the United Nations – and it is now killing almost one in two recorded cases
Stuff
Stuff21 hrs ago
Congo’s fast-moving Ebola outbreak becomes the country's worst with over 2300 dead
Congo’s fast-moving Ebola outbreak has now killed over 2300 people and become the deadliest outbreak of the disease on record in the Central African nation.
Toronto Star
Toronto Star21 hrs ago
Congo’s fast-moving Ebola outbreak becomes the country’s worst with over 2,300 dead
Congo’s fast-moving Ebola outbreak becomes the country’s worst with over 2,300 dead  Toronto Star
AP News
AP News21 hrs ago
Congo’s fast-moving Ebola outbreak becomes the country’s worst with over 2,300 dead
Congo’s fast-moving Ebola outbreak becomes the country’s worst with over 2,300 dead  apnews.com
The Mirror
The Mirror21 hrs ago
Ebola outbreak passes grim milestone to become deadliest in country's history
The virus has spread across six provinces of the Democratic Republic of Congo at pace, with cases continuing to climb as scientists work to develop the first approved vaccine for the rare strain
UN News
UN News22 hrs ago
Ebola outbreak becomes deadliest in DR Congo’s history
The Ebola Bundibugyo outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) is now the deadliest the country has ever faced, the UN’s World Health Organization (WHO) said on Monday.
CTV News
CTV News22 hrs ago
Ebola outbreak in Democratic Republic of Congo becomes deadliest in country’s history
The Ebola outbreak in Democratic Republic of Congo has killed 2,325 people, government data showed on Sunday, surpassing the toll from the 2018-2020 outbreak to become the deadliest in the country’s history.
DRC reports Ebola outbreak now the country's deadliest ever
Official figures in the Democratic Republic of Congo showed Monday that 2,325 people have died in the current outbreak of the disease, which was declared in May.
Le Monde
Le Monde22 hrs ago
DRC reports Ebola outbreak now the country's deadliest ever
Official figures in the Democratic Republic of Congo showed Monday that 2,325 people have died in the current outbreak of the disease, which was declared in May.
CNN
CNN23 hrs ago
Deadliest Ebola outbreak in D.R. Congo history
Deadliest Ebola outbreak in D.R. Congo history  CNN
Bangkok Post
Bangkok Post1 days ago
Ebola outbreak now DR Congo's deadliest ever
KINSHASA - A fast-spreading Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo has become the country's deadliest ever after government figures showed it killed more than 2,300 people in three months.
Deutsche Welle
Deutsche Welle1 days ago
DRC Ebola outbreak becomes deadliest in country's history
An Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo has now killed 2,325 people, according to government figures. The UN says one person in the country is dying every 30 minutes of the disease.
Ebola outbreak becomes Congo’s deadliest
United Nations health experts warn that that the virus is ‘winning’
GB News
GB News1 days ago
Ebola outbreak in DR Congo becomes deadliest in country's history with more than 2,300 deaths
Ebola outbreak in DR Congo becomes deadliest in country's history with more than 2,300 deaths  GB News
ITV News
ITV News1 days ago
Ebola outbreak in DR Congo now deadliest in country’s history
Ebola outbreak in DR Congo now deadliest in country’s history  itv.com
The Guardian
The Guardian1 days ago
Ebola outbreak in Democratic Republic of the Congo now deadliest in country’s history
At least 2,325 people have died from the virus, according to official data, with outbreak on track to be biggest in history The Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo is now the deadliest in the country’s history with at least 2,325 people dead, according to government data, surpassing the toll from the
Punch
Punch1 days ago
DR Congo Ebola outbreak becomes deadliest with over 2,300 deaths
The DR Congo Ebola outbreak has become the deadliest in the country’s history, with over 2,300 deaths. Learn about the fast-moving Bundibugyo strain and co
Congo Ebola outbreak becomes deadliest in country's history as death toll reaches new peak
Congo's public health institute said in its latest report that confirmed cases had risen to 4,945, including 101 new cases detected in the previous 24 hours.
Ebola outbreak becomes Congo’s deadliest as UN warns virus is ‘winning’
Ebola deaths were recorded at a rate of one every 28 minutes in the Democratic Republic of Congo last week.
BBC News
BBC News1 days ago
Ebola outbreak in DR Congo becomes deadliest in its history
The outbreak was already the fastest growing on record, caused by a rare species of Ebola called Bundibugyo.
Congo Ebola outbreak deadliest in country's history
The Ebola outbreak in Congo has killed 2,325 people, government data showed on Sunday, surpassing the toll from the 2018-2020 outbreak to become the deadliest in the country's ‌history. Congo's public health institute said in its latest report that confirmed cases had risen to 4,945, including 101 new cases detected in
The Japan Times
The Japan Times1 days ago
Ebola outbreak in Congo becomes deadliest in country’s history
Government data shows that 2,325 people have died from the disease, surpassing the toll from the 2018-2020 outbreak.
UPI
UPI1 days ago
Ebola outbreak becomes DRC's deadliest with more than 2,300 dead
The ongoing Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo became the nation's deadliest over the weekend with a death toll of more than 2,300.
Daily Maverick
Daily Maverick1 days ago
Ebola outbreak in Democratic Republic of Congo becomes deadliest in country’s history
Aug 16 (Reuters) - The Ebola outbreak in Democratic Republic of Congo has killed 2,325 people, government data showed on Sunday, surpassing the toll from the 2018-2020 outbreak to become the deadliest in the country's history.
Al Jazeera
Al Jazeera1 days ago
Ebola outbreak in DR Congo becomes deadliest in country’s history
A top UN official says 'speed, scale, and solidarity' needed 'before this virus gets even further ahead of us'.
CBC News
CBC News1 days ago
Democratic Republic of Congo's Ebola outbreak is now the deadliest in its history
The Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo has killed 2,325 people, government data showed on Sunday, surpassing the toll from the 2018-2020 outbreak to become the deadliest in the country's history. The D.R.C.'s public health institute said in its latest report that confirmed cases had risen to ‌4,945.
RTÉ News
RTÉ News1 days ago
Ebola outbreak in DR Congo deadliest in country's history
The Ebola outbreak in Democratic Republic of Congo has killed 2,325 people, surpassing the toll from the 2018-2020 outbreak to become the deadliest in the country's history.
HuffPost
HuffPost1 days ago
Democratic Republic Of Congo's Ebola Outbreak Becomes Deadliest In Country's History
Democratic Republic Of Congo's Ebola Outbreak Becomes Deadliest In Country's History  HuffPost
Sky News World
Sky News World1 days ago
'A wake-up call': Ebola outbreak is now DR Congo's deadliest
An Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) has officially become the deadliest in the country's history, data suggests.
Global Voices
Global Voices1 days ago
Escalation of sexual violence raises alarm in the Democratic Republic of the Congo
In the eastern Democratic Republic of the Congo, violence against women has become an increasingly common problem. Figures from the first quarter of 2026 expose a major gender-based violence (GBV) crisis.
Vanguard
Vanguard1 days ago
Congo Ebola outbreak explodes to 4,665 cases, 2,184 deaths
The deadly Bundibugyo virus disease (BVD) outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) has escalated sharply, with 4,665 confirmed cases and 2,184 deaths recorded as of August 12, 2026, raising fresh concerns over the risk of international spread.
Graphs show Ebola outbreak on track to be worst in history
WHO director-general Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus says many of the deaths occurring in the Democratic Republic of Congo are happening outside of known transmission chains, meaning the outbreak is a long way from being brought under control.
Fastest-growing Ebola outbreak in history, through the eyes of Canadians on the ground
Canadian aid workers describe the positive improvements at the community level and the cases that just keep climbing
The Rio Times
The Rio Times3 days ago
Congo’s Ebola Outbreak Is Now the Second Largest on Record
The DRC has reported 4,665 confirmed Ebola cases and 2,184 deaths. The outbreak has reached a sixth province and no vaccine is approved for the strain.
PBS NewsHour
PBS NewsHour3 days ago
Congo Ebola outbreak on track to become deadliest in history
The Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo continues to worsen, with the number of confirmed cases climbing to over 4,600. At least 2,100 people have died, a death toll that was reached almost three times faster than the outbreak over a decade ago. William Brangham discussed the crisis with epidemiologist D
Ebola outbreak spreads to sixth DR Congo province
The Ebola outbreak has killed more than 2,128 people so far.
CBS News
CBS News4 days ago
Ebola outbreak in Congo could be deadliest ever, global health chief warns
Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, the head of the World Health Organization, is warning that the Ebola outbreak in Congo could be the deadliest ever. CBS News' Ramy Inoncencio reports.
Irish News
Irish News4 days ago
DR of Congo’s fastest-growing Ebola outbreak reaches a sixth province
The Democratic Republic of Congo’s Ebola outbreak has spread to a sixth province after a death was recorded in the previously unaffected Bas-Uele province, Africa CDC director-general Jean Kaseya said.Mr Kaseya said the man had travelled from Isiro in Haut-Uele province to Buta, the capital of Bas-Uele, where he died.T
The Telegraph
The Telegraph🏁 first to report5 days ago
Ebola outbreak ‘doubling every 20 days’, warns UN chief
Congo’s current epidemic is on track to eclipse the West African Ebola outbreak of 2014 to 2016