📰 45 sources covering this story

DRC Ebola outbreak becomes deadliest in country's history

First covered 4 days ago · latest take 55 mins ago. Compare how each outlet is covering it — and rate the sources you trust.

DRC Ebola outbreak becomes deadliest in country's history
DRC Ebola outbreak becomes deadliest in country's history
An Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo has now killed 2,325 people, according to government figures. The UN says one person in the country is dying every 30 minutes of the disease.
CTV News
CTV News55 mins ago
Ebola outbreak in Democratic Republic of Congo becomes deadliest in country’s history
The Ebola outbreak in Democratic Republic of Congo has killed 2,325 people, government data showed on Sunday, surpassing the toll from the 2018-2020 outbreak to become the deadliest in the country’s history.
Le Monde English
Le Monde English55 mins ago
DRC reports Ebola outbreak now the country's deadliest ever
Official figures in the Democratic Republic of Congo showed Monday that 2,325 people have died in the current outbreak of the disease, which was declared in May.
Le Monde
Le Monde55 mins ago
DRC reports Ebola outbreak now the country's deadliest ever
Official figures in the Democratic Republic of Congo showed Monday that 2,325 people have died in the current outbreak of the disease, which was declared in May.
CNN
CNN1 hrs ago
Deadliest Ebola outbreak in D.R. Congo history
Deadliest Ebola outbreak in D.R. Congo history  CNN
Bangkok Post
Bangkok Post1 hrs ago
Ebola outbreak now DR Congo's deadliest ever
KINSHASA - A fast-spreading Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo has become the country's deadliest ever after government figures showed it killed more than 2,300 people in three months.
Ebola outbreak becomes Congo’s deadliest
United Nations health experts warn that that the virus is ‘winning’
GB News
GB News3 hrs ago
Ebola outbreak in DR Congo becomes deadliest in country's history with more than 2,300 deaths
Ebola outbreak in DR Congo becomes deadliest in country's history with more than 2,300 deaths  GB News
Africa News
Africa News3 hrs ago
DRC Ebola outbreak deadliest ever with one death every 30 minutes
The Ebola outbreak in the DR Congo is the deadliest ever, new data shows, with one person dying from the virus every thirty minutes.
ITV News
ITV News3 hrs ago
Ebola outbreak in DR Congo now deadliest in country’s history - ITVX
Ebola outbreak in DR Congo now deadliest in country’s history  ITVX
The Guardian
The Guardian3 hrs ago
Ebola outbreak in Democratic Republic of the Congo now deadliest in country’s history
At least 2,325 people have died from the virus, according to official data, with outbreak on track to be biggest in history The Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo is now the deadliest in the country’s history with at least 2,325 people dead, according to government data, surpassing the toll from the
Ebola outbreak in Democratic Republic of Congo becomes deadliest in its history
The latest government data shows that the total number of deaths has reached 2,325
Punch
Punch6 hrs ago
DR Congo Ebola outbreak becomes deadliest with over 2,300 deaths
The DR Congo Ebola outbreak has become the deadliest in the country’s history, with over 2,300 deaths. Learn about the fast-moving Bundibugyo strain and co
Congo Ebola outbreak becomes deadliest in country's history as death toll reaches new peak
Congo's public health institute said in its latest report that confirmed cases had risen to 4,945, including 101 new cases detected in the previous 24 hours.
Ebola outbreak becomes Congo’s deadliest as UN warns virus is ‘winning’
Ebola deaths were recorded at a rate of one every 28 minutes in Democratic Republic of Congo last week.
BBC News
BBC News8 hrs ago
Ebola outbreak in DR Congo becomes deadliest in its history
The outbreak was already the fastest growing on record, caused by a rare species of Ebola called Bundibugyo.
Congo Ebola outbreak deadliest in country's history
The Ebola outbreak in Congo has killed 2,325 people, government data showed on Sunday, surpassing the toll from the 2018-2020 outbreak to become the deadliest in the country's ‌history. Congo's public health institute said in its latest report that confirmed cases had risen to 4,945, including 101 new cases detected in
Ebola outbreak in Congo becomes deadliest in country’s history
Government data shows that 2,325 people have died from the disease, surpassing the toll from the 2018-2020 outbreak.
UPI
UPI9 hrs ago
Ebola outbreak becomes DRC's deadliest with more than 2,300 dead
The ongoing Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo became the nation's deadliest over the weekend with a death toll of more than 2,300.
Ebola outbreak in Democratic Republic of Congo becomes deadliest in country’s history
Aug 16 (Reuters) - The Ebola outbreak in Democratic Republic of Congo has killed 2,325 people, government data showed on Sunday, surpassing the toll from the 2018-2020 outbreak to become the deadliest in the country's history.
Al Jazeera
Al Jazeera11 hrs ago
Ebola outbreak in DR Congo becomes deadliest in country’s history
A top UN official says 'speed, scale, and solidarity' needed 'before this virus gets even further ahead of us'.
CBC News
CBC News12 hrs ago
Democratic Republic of Congo's Ebola outbreak is now the deadliest in its history
The Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo has killed 2,325 people, government data showed on Sunday, surpassing the toll from the 2018-2020 outbreak to become the deadliest in the country's history. The D.R.C.'s public health institute said in its latest report that confirmed cases had risen to ‌4,945.
RTÉ News
RTÉ News12 hrs ago
Ebola outbreak in DR Congo deadliest in country's history
The Ebola outbreak in Democratic Republic of Congo has killed 2,325 people, surpassing the toll from the 2018-2020 outbreak to become the deadliest in the country's history.
HuffPost
HuffPost13 hrs ago
Democratic Republic Of Congo's Ebola Outbreak Becomes Deadliest In Country's History
Democratic Republic Of Congo's Ebola Outbreak Becomes Deadliest In Country's History  HuffPost
Sky News World
Sky News World14 hrs ago
Ebola outbreak in DR Congo now deadliest in country's history
An Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo has officially become the deadliest in the country's history, data suggests.
Global Voices
Global Voices18 hrs ago
Escalation of sexual violence raises alarm in the Democratic Republic of the Congo
In the eastern Democratic Republic of the Congo, violence against women has become an increasingly common problem. Figures from the first quarter of 2026 expose a major gender-based violence (GBV) crisis.
Vanguard
Vanguard20 hrs ago
Congo Ebola outbreak explodes to 4,665 cases, 2,184 deaths
The deadly Bundibugyo virus disease (BVD) outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) has escalated sharply, with 4,665 confirmed cases and 2,184 deaths recorded as of August 12, 2026, raising fresh concerns over the risk of international spread.
Five graphs show Ebola outbreak on track to be worst in history
WHO director-general Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus says many of the deaths occurring in the Democratic Republic of Congo are happening outside of known transmission chains, meaning the outbreak is a long way from being brought under control.
Fastest-growing Ebola outbreak in history, through the eyes of Canadians on the ground
Canadian aid workers describe the positive improvements at the community level and the cases that just keep climbing
France 24
France 241 days ago
Ebola outbreak in DR Congo: One death every 30 minutes
The Ebola outbreak in eastern DR Congo is now the second-largest on record, with more than 2,100 deaths and the virus spreading to a sixth province. Health workers are struggling to contain the rapidly growing outbreak amid community resistance, misinformation, unpaid staff strikes and threats from rebel groups.
The Rio Times
The Rio Times2 days ago
Congo’s Ebola Outbreak Is Now the Second Largest on Record
The DRC has reported 4,665 confirmed Ebola cases and 2,184 deaths. The outbreak has reached a sixth province and no vaccine is approved for the strain.
PBS NewsHour
PBS NewsHour2 days ago
Congo Ebola outbreak on track to become deadliest in history
The Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo continues to worsen, with the number of confirmed cases climbing to over 4,600. At least 2,100 people have died, a death toll that was reached almost three times faster than the outbreak over a decade ago. William Brangham discussed the crisis with epidemiologist D
MyJoyOnline
MyJoyOnline2 days ago
POS Foundation raises alarm over student cohabitation, sexual harassment on university campuses
The Perfector of Sentiments (POS) Foundation has raised concerns over student cohabitation and sexual harassment in some of Ghana’s public universities, warning that the practices could undermine efforts to create safe learning environments. The human rights organisation says cohabitation among students can contribute
AllAfrica
AllAfrica3 days ago
Congo-Kinshasa: Joint Statement on the Sixth Meeting of the Joint Security Coordination Mechanism for the Peace Agreement Between the Democratic Republic of the Congo and the Republic of Rwanda
Office of the Spokesperson The text of the following statement was released by the Governments of the United States of America, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, the Republic of Rwanda, the State of Qatar, the Republic of Togo (as the African Union mediator), and the African Union Commission on the occasion of the
UN News
UN News3 days ago
‘Ebola is winning’: Epidemic now killing one person every 30 minutes
The Ebola outbreak in the eastern Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) – the fastest-growing on record and on track to become the deadliest – is killing one person every 30 minutes.
Ebola outbreak spreads to sixth DR Congo province
The Ebola outbreak has killed more than 2,128 people so far.
CBS News
CBS News3 days ago
Ebola outbreak in Congo could be deadliest ever, global health chief warns
Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, the head of the World Health Organization, is warning that the Ebola outbreak in Congo could be the deadliest ever. CBS News' Ramy Inoncencio reports.
Euronews
Euronews3 days ago
Ebola spreads to sixth DR Congo province raising fears it could spread to South Sudan
The DRC's deadliest Ebola outbreak from 2018-2020 killed nearly 2,300 people out of 3,500 recorded cases.
AP News
AP News3 days ago
Congo’s fastest-growing Ebola outbreak reaches a sixth province
Congo’s fastest-growing Ebola outbreak reaches a sixth province  AP News
Toronto Star
Toronto Star3 days ago
Congo’s fastest-growing Ebola outbreak reaches a sixth province
Congo’s fastest-growing Ebola outbreak reaches a sixth province  Toronto Star
Irish News
Irish News3 days ago
DR of Congo’s fastest-growing Ebola outbreak reaches a sixth province
The Democratic Republic of Congo’s Ebola outbreak has spread to a sixth province after a death was recorded in the previously unaffected Bas-Uele province, Africa CDC director-general Jean Kaseya said.Mr Kaseya said the man had travelled from Isiro in Haut-Uele province to Buta, the capital of Bas-Uele, where he died.T
Congo’s fastest-growing Ebola outbreak reaches a sixth province
Congo's Ebola outbreak has spread to a sixth province, with a death recorded in Bas-Uele
The Mirror
The Mirror4 days ago
Ebola deaths hit 2,000 in Congo as WHO warns virus could become most deadly outbreak on record
As the latest Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo continues to spread at an alarming rate, WHO warns the true scale of the epidemic could be up to four times larger
The Telegraph
The Telegraph🏁 first to report4 days ago
Ebola outbreak ‘doubling every 20 days’, warns UN chief
Congo’s current epidemic is on track to eclipse the West African Ebola outbreak of 2014 to 2016