Channel NewsAsia
AsiaPac · 31 mins ago
WHO says Congo Ebola outbreak can still be brought under control within three months
GENEVA: A World Health Organization official said on Tuesday (Aug 18) it was still possible to bring under control an Ebola outbreak that is outpacing containment efforts and has become the second-deadliest on record.The global health agency said earlier this month that reversing Ebola's spread would be possible within a three-month period, but since then there have been signs that it has worsened, expanding to a sixth province."About the next plan for the three months, yes, if you have the necessary resources, I think it will be possible to do that," Thierno Balde, WHO incident manager, told reporters in Geneva from Bunia, in the Democratic Republic of Congo.The outbreak, Congo's worst yet of 17, has so far killed at least 2,325 people. Resources are currently lagging requirements, and th
Do you trust Channel NewsAsia?
Sign in to rate
Discussion
?
No comments yet — be the first to start the discussion!