South China Morning Post
AsiaPac · 46 mins ago
✦ 78✓ Factual
WHO raises risk assessment as DR Congo’s Ebola outbreak spreads ‘rapidly’
78Quality
0Ratings
0Comments
AI Analysis
Quality 78/100
Partisan intensity 15/100
ObjectivePartisan
Low partisan intensity — consistent with factual reporting✓ Fair headline
The WHO has raised its risk assessment of the Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo to 'very high' at the national level, citing rapid spread, while maintaining that regional and global risks remain manageable.
WHO raises risk assessment as DR Congo’s Ebola outbreak spreads ‘rapidly’
The head of the World Health Organization said on Friday that the Ebola outbreak in Congo is “spreading rapidly” and now poses a “very high” risk at the national level.
WHO director general Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said the UN health agency was revising upwards to “very high” its assessment of the risk within Congo, which had previously been deemed as high. The risk remains high for regional spread and low at global levels, he told reporters.
The WHO chief noted that 82 cases have been...
Discussion 0 comments
Sort:
?
No comments yet — be the first to start the discussion!