Channel NewsAsia
AsiaPac · 6 hrs ago
Vingegaard will not race again this season
Aug 17 : Two-time Tour de France winner Jonas Vingegaard will not race again this season as he recovers from a fractured collarbone, ruling him out of next month's UCI world road championships, the Dane's Visma-Lease a Bike team said on Monday.The 29-year-old crashed during the 15th stage of last month's Tour, requiring surgery.The UCI championships are in Montreal from September 20-27. The one-day Tour of Lombardy in October might have been another target."After a long and intense racing period, a recovery period was planned after the Tour de France anyway," Vingegaard, this year's Giro d'Italia winner as well as the Paris-Nice and Volta a Catalunya in March, said in a team statement. "Due to the collarbone injury, the start of my training has been delayed and it is not possible for me to
Do you trust Channel NewsAsia?
Sign in to rate
Discussion
?
No comments yet — be the first to start the discussion!