Metro
UK · 7 mins ago
Survivor of wrong-way motorway crash ‘cannot believe it has happened again’
The scene on the M9 after last week’s catastrophic crash (Picture: PA) A woman seriously injured in a wrong-way motorway crash in Ireland three years ago said she ‘absolutely cannot believe it’s happened again’. Róisín Stakelum was driving to the airport on July 1, 2023, for a holiday before a planned emigration to Australia when she was hit head-on by a car full of teenagers going the wrong way. She said the near-identical horror crash on the M9 last week that left five teenagers dead and three sisters and a young boy in another car seriously hurt has ‘brought it all back’. ‘I just can’t believe it’s happened again,’ she said. Funerals were held for Joe Carthy, Alex McCarthy and Kamil Pustkowski on Friday while services for Jeremy O’Brien and Jack Kennedy will be held on Monday and Tuesda
Do you trust Metro?
Sign in to rate
Discussion
?
No comments yet — be the first to start the discussion!