Channel NewsAsia
Channel NewsAsia
AsiaPac · 1 hrs ago

Chelsea boss Alonso gives little away on Fernandez future amid transfer talk

LONDON, Aug 20 : Chelsea manager Xabi Alonso said midfielder Enzo Fernandez was preparing well for their Premier League opener at Fulham on Monday, but stopped short of confirming whether the Argentine had told him he wanted to stay amid transfer speculation.British media reported last week that Chelsea had given Manchester City until August 14 to meet their 120 million pounds ($163.52 million) valuation of Fernandez, who joined from Benfica in January 2023 on an 8-1/2-year contract for a then-British record fee of 106.8 million pounds.Alonso, who left Real Madrid in January after only seven months in charge, has been tasked with rebuilding Chelsea following a turbulent, trophyless campaign in which the west London club finished 10th in the Premier League.Asked whether Fernandez would stil
Channel NewsAsia
Do you trust Channel NewsAsia?
Sign in to rate
Discussion
?

No comments yet — be the first to start the discussion!