Channel NewsAsia
AsiaPac · 1 hrs ago
Australia investigates fourth close call at Sydney airport in less than a month
SYDNEY: Australia's transport safety regulator said on Friday (Aug 21) it had launched an investigation into a fourth incident involving air traffic control at Sydney airport in less than a month after two planes were directed towards the same intersection on the ground.A Qantas Airbus A321 preparing to depart to the Gold Coast braked to avoid another Qantas aircraft, a Boeing 737, that had arrived from Melbourne on Tuesday, the Australian Transport Safety Bureau said in a statement. The Boeing had been cleared to continue along a taxiway that the Airbus had been cleared to turn onto, it said.The ATSB said there was no immediate risk of collision, but had launched an investigation to understand if there were any contributing factors in common with three other incidents at the airport over
Do you trust Channel NewsAsia?
Sign in to rate
Discussion
?
No comments yet — be the first to start the discussion!