Channel NewsAsia
Channel NewsAsia
AsiaPac · 16 mins ago

15-year-old arrested over Xinmin Secondary bomb hoax

SINGAPORE: A 15-year-old has been arrested in relation to a bomb hoax at Xinmin Secondary School last week, police said on Tuesday (Aug 18).Students and staff members at the Hougang school were briefly evacuated last Thursday morning following a "potential bomb threat”. Xinmin Secondary said that it immediately contacted the police upon learning of the potential threat.In response to CNA's queries, police confirmed that a teenager had been arrested in connection with the case, but provided no further details about the suspect."Police investigations are ongoing," they added. No suspicious items were found by authorities after the school’s premises were checked and regular lessons resumed later that day.The police then said then they were investigating the incident as a case of communicating
Channel NewsAsia
Do you trust Channel NewsAsia?
Sign in to rate
Discussion
?

No comments yet — be the first to start the discussion!